Monday, March 31, 2008

Featured Seller: shopgrl226 AKA "Mud Pie Studio"

Who are you?
Mud Pie Studio, Stacy Lynn Shepanek

Why did you choose your shop name?
It's very fitting if you see me when I finish working at my studio. I look like I've been playing in the mud!

Where are you located?
Durham

What do you create?
"Fresh and Functional Ceramics from the Dirty South"

What inspires you?
As generic as this probably sounds, people inspire me. The most wonderful thing about creating functional art is that you get to learn what people love. It's fascinating to me the reasons people are drawn to certain mugs or bowls. It's not just the aesthetics, it's the feel of the items or a certain quirk that person has... I'm continuously changing things and it's a fun ride.

Do you have any advice to share on how you have made your business grow?
It's a hard feat for any artist - but honestly, being recognizable, and not constantly changing the look of your work is very important.

What types of things do you do to turn first time buyers into repeat clients?
Communication and prompt customer service are the most, most, most important thing!

What do you do when you are not creating?
Ah... hobbies... Well, I hang out with my wonderful husband. I ride motorcycles and dirt bikes. I love having friends over. I also have a small addiction to Rock Band for Playstation. I play a mean bass guitar!

2 comments:

  1. great interview. I LOVE her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon this while looking at Google images. I would like to know more about Etsy and headed to their website right now...

    ReplyDelete