Friday, May 2, 2008

Where We Create: Behind the Scenes of NC Triangle Etsiers

Behind the scenes of Etsy Shop: Amyzo

Describe the space in which you create.
I recently took over our third bedroom as my craft room. My main area where I work is a little nook where all of my supplies are at my fingertips. I also have a spot for photographing finished pieces and a new shelf/cubby system for all my envelopes and shipping supplies. The walls in my room are two shades of vibrant blue so it's by no means a dull space, which is good since sometimes we need an extra creative boost.

What is your favorite thing about your space?
That I have it! Really, it is so difficult to find time to make cards, scrapbook or do anything else creative when you have to take everything out and put it all away when you're done. I love that I can be in the middle of a project and step away for as long as I need to. It's the only
part of the house that's "mine."

How do you keep your space organized?
Though the closet is full of other items needing storage I have found many ways to keep myself organized with all shapes, sizes and colors of bins, shelves and even an old skirt hanger turned ribbon organizer. My papers are sorted by color, size and sometimes even theme. It is very easy for this room to go into disarray but I've tried to designate a place for every little embellishment and paper scrap so that it forces me to put things away and helps limit the clutter.

Do you have inspiration pieces in your space? If so, what are they?
Yes! There is a big picture frame I hand carved and painted when I was in college and am very proud of that has inspirational phrases such as "believe in your dreams" and "imagine the possibilities." The walls also display various pictures of friends and family who support me as well as some other adventurous photos (parasailing, skiing, snorkeling...) to remind me that life is short and we need to make the most of what we've got.

Is there something else you'd like to share about your space?
Hmmm... did you notice the wine glass on my side craft table? You would find one there often. :-) I like to relax when I'm crafting.

Check out Amy's Shop: Amyzo

No comments:

Post a Comment