Monday, June 23, 2008

Featured Seller: PurelyRandom

Who are you?
Lisa - PurelyRandom

Why did you choose your shop name?
I chose PURELY RANDOM because my items are as random as my thoughts most of the time. Although I have some items that I create over and over, I like to try new things often.

Where are you located?
Clayton, NC

What do you create?
Jewelry and other items from recycled items such as scrabble tiles, typewriter keys, & bottle caps. I also create fabric button jewelry, resin jewelry, picture frames and more!

Where do you create?
Well... pretty much everywhere! lol. I start out in the dining room and sometimes end up with stuff all over the living room and my office/desk. My poor husband - he must get so annoyed (he's actually very supportive).

What is you most popular item that you create?
So far my most popular item has been the Custom Initial Scrabble Tile Necklace.
I think it is popular for several reasons -
1) It is custom, so you get YOUR initial
2) It is different - I specifically designed it with the toggle in the front of the necklace instead of the back so that it is unique
3) And lastly because it is fun!... after all it's a Scrabble Tile game piece! ;-)

What types of things do you do to turn first time buyers into repeat clients?
I sometimes send a 'free gift' along with a purchase. For example if the customer purchased several fabric button items, I may throw in a matching fabric button ring to coordinate with one of their items for free.

What do you do when you are not creating?
I work full-time outside of the home (Technical Support Engineer) and I also have a part-time job that I do online at home (I make my own schedule) taking orders for infomercials. Additionally, I enjoy trading the stock market, so I spend time researching companies, stocks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment