Friday, June 6, 2008

Where We Create: Behind the Scenes of NC Triangle Etsiers

Behind the scenes of Etsy shop SydneyAustinDesigns aka Robyn Bourne, handcrafted jewelry.




H
ow would you describe the space in which you create? My space is a tiny corner in my 2 bedroom apartment located in Greensboro, NC.


What is your favorite thing about your space? Although it's small, it's cozy. I also have a floor length mirror near my corner that allows me to "model" my designs.


How do you keep your space organized? My husband will tell you it's not organized. I'm working on it! I have wire racks that allow my stack my bead trays. I also have small baskets that holds my shipping supplies.


Do you have inspiration pieces in your space? If so, what are they? Yes, my daughter, Blake, made me a poster that says "Dear Mom, You are the Best! Love Ya!" When I get down in the dumps because: sales are down or my creative juices aren't flowing, all it takes is one look at my poster... and all of my sadness is washed away! My kids appreciate my hard work and effort that I put into my business.

Is there something else you'd like to share about your space? Oh yeah, did I mention that the bathroom door is right behind my chair! Sometimes my kids forget I'm there and they swing open the door really hard and whack me in the back!

To see more behind the scenes, Check out Robyn's store and her flickr pictures.


2 comments:

  1. I have several pieces from SydneyAustin designs and love Robyn's creativity. She's also done some custom pieces for me - including a mother's bracelet with my children's birthstones - and I always get compliments. Its fun to respond that my jewelry is from a custom jeweler in Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot resist buying SydneyAustin jewelry. They are unique and conversational piece! I own several of Robyn's designs.

    June 8, 2008 9:53 PM

    ReplyDelete