Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Etsy Around the World: KoolKookyKreatures

This week's featured seller has such a fun shop filled with all kinds of creatures! Be sure to read her interview and then check out more of her creations in her Etsy shop!

Who are you?
My name is Vikki Chatfield and I am the owner of Kool Kooky Kreatures

Where are you located?
I live in Devon which is on the South West of England. A fab place to be because I am surrounded by wonderful countryside and the beautiful coastline.

If you have you ever visited North Carolina, what do you remember about your trip?
I have never visited North Carolina but I imagine its a lovely place.

What do you create?
What don't I create would be easier...lol! Ok, I paint, I knit, I sew and I make Kreatures from fibre and fabric (hence the name). I LOVE colour and so that plays a big part in my creations.When did you start creating?Ever since I could hold a crayon in my hand I have been creating. I remember being about three and making headbands and t-shirts for my teddy from scraps of material that my mum left lying around. She was a seamstress and there was never any shortage of fabric and thread lying around. The button box was my favourite and I am still obsessed by these wondrous items. I spent hours making things for my toys.
What inspires you?
Dreams, mythology, monsters, my children, stop motion films, music, poetry and a nice cup of tea :)

Where do you create?
I have a small studio but my work tends to migrate all over the house! I have things on the go in every single room (my poor DH has to stumble and trip his way around the house to get anywhere).

How do you envision your creations being used by your customers?
I imagine my monsters sitting by computers, on shelves, being carried around in rucksacks. My felt pins have adorned bags and collars and hopefully they brighten the day of anyone who sees them.

What do you do when you are not creating?
I sing!!! I am a member of a local ladies chorus "The Chordettes" and I am the bass section leader. I also read, read, read! There is a pile of books by my bedside that are being/waiting to be read. I also love showing other people how to make/create art and therefore giving them a means to express themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making me your featured seller! ((hugs)) to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shop. I love Maurice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture is so funny! How creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete