Friday, August 8, 2008

Where We Create: Behind the Scenes of Funky Folk Art Pottery

Welcome to Behind the Scenes. This week check out behind-the-scenes pictures of Funky Folk Art Pottery ...















How would you describe your space in which you create?
Its a bedroom in my house (did you see the movie Ghost???)... i have converted it over as a studio where i have my potters wheel and anything i need to throw a pot. And i also paint each piece individually so i do that in there as well. But honestly i have pottery in various stages all over the house... its a bit insane!!!

What is your favorite thing about your space?
Its peaceful..its mine..my kitties can come and go as they please. I can work till the wee hours and then crawl into bed if I want. Its funky and cool and I love it.

How do you keep your space organized?
HAHAHAHAHA um... I try. I am really bad about making piles of stuff..I clean/straighten my studio before i begin to throw..i throw clay for a week or more filling up every available space with pottery. THEN after its fired i have to totally clean the studio again because i paint on top of the wheel..that means taking it completely apart..wiping (hosing) everything down... Pottery is dusty and i take great pains to keep that down to a minimum. SO i guess that's how i organized..its still messy..those piles keep piling up!! LOL


Do you have inspiration pieces in your space?
I have several idea books that inspire me when i get ready to paint. I love magazines and when they start to pile up i cut pics and then glue them into those spiral index card notebook thingies... they are so cool I LOVE to peek at them and think about designs etc. I also have several bulletin boards that are covered with something that i have drawn in the middle of the night or while driving... pics from magazines... thoughts... words..etc.


Is there something else you'd like to share about my space?
I do all my glazing on my back porch... that's a trip... between the bugs and the sweat lots of fun. I also have to load up the truck and take all pottery to a friends in Durham since i have kiln issues. I hope to have the shed moved and electricity in place so then i can get my kiln up and running. I was laid off in Jan so i find it very hard to spend every cent i have on the shed/kiln. Even though it would help my business. But it will be the best day when that actually happens!!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your shop, especially the birthday candle holders. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete