Monday, October 20, 2008

Featured Seller: DelightfulFinds

Who are you?
My name is Becky Weber and my craft biz is "DeLightful Finds"


Where are you located?
I live in NW Raleigh and work out of my home.


What do you create?
I'm all over the board! I'm trying hard to decided what to focus on, but I keep getting distracted with new ideas and trying to see what will sell on etsy. I've just opened my etsy shop about 45 days ago, and have only had one sale, so I'm still trying to figure it all out. I've been doing the craft thing more seriously for about 3 years once I left corporate America. Up til now, I've focused mostly on lamps and glassware.


What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
We love going to downtown Raleigh. For the last six years, we've had season tickets to Broadway Series South, which we love. It also gives us a great chance to try new restaurants. Downtown has changed so much - and it's been exciting to watch.


What is your next project going to be?
As I said, I'm really trying to find my niche. I've done mostly lamps and glassware and now I'm trying to branch out. Lamps can be very difficult to send through the mail!


Why did you choose your company name?
I named my biz "DeLightful Finds" because I started out transforming unique, found objects into lamps. I look for "cool" objects that I can turn into something functional or simply more fun.


Where do you create?
I'm lucky that I have a large upstairs bonus room that I have completely taken over. My husband refuses to step foot in there. I must say it's somewhat of a mess with all the different types of projects varying states of completion, but I love it!


What is your favorite place to sell your items?
Although I have my lamps and glassware on consignment in three local shops (Fleurs and Finds, Sunflowers, and The Eclectic Garden), I love doing craft shows at Christmas. For a couple of years I did the Cary Academy Holiday Shoppe, and I loved getting the immediate positive feedback from the attendees. I do alot of Christmas lamps and it's great to see them going home with someone who loves it!


What are you doing when you are not creating?
I spent 30+ years in corporate America, in travel and Human Resources. I wanted to do something a little more meaningful, so 2.5 years ago, I took a part time job as a personal assistant to an elderly lady (91 years old) at Springmoor. I take her shopping, to movies, to Dr. appts, and just provide companionship. It's been very rewarding.

3 comments:

  1. What delightful work and such creativity.Bet your Christmas lamps are outstanding.I love all things Christmas.The glasses are very pretty.i do some etching from time to time also.Glad to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your glasses are lovely. I'm off to look at your shop.
    caroolyn

    ReplyDelete