Monday, March 30, 2009

Local Featured Seller: TraceyGurley

Who are you?
Tracey Gurley

Where are you located?
I have a studio in my home in North Raleigh, NC

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
My favorite place to visit is Falls Lake. It is so beautiful out there. I feel like I’m on vacation every time I go even though it is only 5 miles from my house. Now, if only I could figure out how to strap my easel on my jet ski… hmmmmmm… :)

What do you create?
I paint landscapes, still lifes, flowers, fruit, and vegetables.
Why did you choose your medium?
There is something magical about painting – the way the color goes on the canvas, the way it feels, the experience to create something, that just feeds my soul.
When did you start creating?
I have always been creating something ever since I was a small child. I think it really started when I would dig clay out of the creek in my back yard and sculpt bowls with it. I would set them out in the sun to dry and then I would paint them. When I was in school though, I was classically trained on the piano and violin, but I still loved visual art. When my daughter turned 2 and started preschool, I decided to follow my dream. I started taking art lessons 8 years ago and haven’t looked back. I took my first art lesson at Sertoma Art Center in Raleigh and now I teach acrylic painting there.

What inspires you?
My inspiration comes from lots of things. I take notice of all of the textures and colors that surround all of us every day. Nature is a beautiful palette.

What are your goals?
I would like to start selling at shows locally. I am also interested in creating ACEOs. ACEO stands for “Art Cards, Editions, and Originals.” They are 2.5” x 3.5” little works of art.

What do you do when you are not creating? When I am not creating, I love spending time with my husband and daughter. In the summer, you can find us jet skiing out on Falls Lake.

--You can learn more about Tracey on her website and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment