Monday, May 4, 2009

Local Featured Seller: daydreamdesign

Who are you?
Megan Carmona and I own
Daydream Design

Where are you located?
Apex, NC

What do you create?
Handcrafted Jewelry

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
One of my favorite places in the triangle is the downtown area of
Apex. I grew up in Apex and now my husband and I live right in downtown. There are so many cute shops, great restaurants and pretty houses to look at there. We love all of the festivals and events they have in the summer and fall. It's a great place to live (the peak of good living as some would say!)

What Inspires You?
People are my number one inspiration. I have such an inspiring and creative family that has been so supportive of me and this venture of owning a jewelry business. I am so thankful for them.

Where do you create?
Our house is tiny so I do most of my work in the dining room, which is also the computer room. It works.

Why did you choose your shop name?
For the longest time I have dreamt about having my own jewelry business. I often times daydream at work about different necklace or earring ideas that I want to try out when I get home. So, Daydream Design was born.

What do you do when you are not creating?
By day, I work at
Foster Lake & Pond Management, I great company with great people. My husband and I also work with the youth group and Salem Baptist Church. We have the best students and enjoy going to summer camps, mission trips, fall retreats, ski trips, etc. with them.

Most cherished handmade item?
I have a couple. We have an oak table that was made by my husbands great grandfather (that was once lost but then found in an antique store). It is so beautiful and it's where I do all of my creating. Also, I have a painting I received from one of our super artistic students at church that is really special to me.

--Continue reading about Megan's work on her blog,
Day Dream Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment