Monday, August 3, 2009

Local Featured Seller: Modoro1957 a.k.a. "Scarffish"

Who are you?
Maureen Dolan Rosen. Shop name Scarffish

Where are you located?

Chapel Hill, NC (but DC native!)

What do you create?

Scarffish, the Scarf with the Starfish

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
My backyard, since I planted every single thing in it and I rarely have time to just sit and enjoy it.

When did you start creating?
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was about five, and I've been doing it ever since.

Why did you choose your shop name?
I had made several afghans with starfish, then tried a scarf, and my son took one look at it and siad, "Oh. It's a scarffish."

Why did you choose your medium?
I love yarn crafts, and I especially love making things that are both beautiful and useful.

Where do you create?
Everywhere: I carry my yarn bag with me at all times. You never know when blank time will pop up.

What inspires you?
I guess it would be the beach: I've had starfish going in my knitting for years.

What are your goals?
To finish my novel and to sell so many Scarffish that I have to hire low-income retired women to knit for me, so they can earn extra money.

What do you do when you are not creating?
OMG: two teens, husband, full-time job, house, dog, novel in progress, Shakespeare reading club, daily mile swim, garden, cooking at the shelter, maybe sleep a little.

What is your most cherished handmade item?
Hmmm. I think it's the pottery pieces my kids have made in school. My son made a bust of the dog from Family Guy, and my daughter made a fabulous Notre Dame that holds a tea candle, so you can see light coming out through the tiny windows.

--Become a FAN of Scarffish on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment