Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Etsy Around the World: Amorandstitch

Etsy Around the World takes us across the ocean this time to visit with a wonderful embroidery artist.







Who are you?
My name is Gemma Rodrigues and my etsy shop is called
Amorandstitch

Where are you located?
I am located in Spain in Barcelona.

What do you create?
Embroidery art pieces in locket's, pillow's, in frames and canvas's.

Have you ever visited North Carolina?
I have never visited North Carolina but I would love too!

Why did you choose your shop name?
I moved from UK to Spain 7 months ago, so I decided to have a change of career from Art Psychotherapist to artist so that is when I started this journey on Etsy I chose my name which linked the two things that were important at the time Love (Amor) of my family and stitching my art so Amorandstitch was born!

What is the most time consuming part of your art?
I love my pendants, as they are so unique and I am going to start to create interchangeable art pieces for people to purchase so they can change the look of the pendant. But they are very time consuming due to their size, it requires a lot of patience.

What are your goals?
I am really enjoying Etsy and I plan to continue making and listing, but I also want to create some prints of my art to make cards and art canvas's for the wall. I have also just launched my own website--check it out! But most of all my goal's are to enjoy every moment of my life with my lovely family and be happy!!

When did you start creating?
I have been creating art since I was a child, I went from school to college onto university I then worked as an art psychotherapist for 8 years. In that time I discovered the magically link between emotions and art on a much deeper level. I am now enjoying being a mum of two little people and creating my art.

What inspires you?
I get inspiration from lots of different areas, but I mostly sit in my garden watching my children playing and make sketches of possible art pieces, so I guess from life.
But also my love for vintage, as I like to use vintage images and materials in my work, I am starting a new collection of embroidered postcards soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment