Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sharing Our Gifts

This has nothing to do with Etsy, but it does focus on using your crafting skills in a special way which is why I wanted to share this with you....

If you would like to help give handmade to those in need, join in Sharing Our Gifts Across America Project: 50 Projects for 50 States. The current project is hats and slippers for Oregon Veterans, with a deadline of Oct. 25.

I'll try to post the details of each project so that you'll all have the opportunity to help. I see that a project in North Carolina might be coming up soon!

5 comments:

  1. This is Exciting,whatta great idea! If you can could you let me know of teh Info For Maine too, Or maybe a link to a website??
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website linked into the post will the same one that's used for each of the 50 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring the project!I think North Carolina will be coming up around March or April or so. I will keep the blog updated with information. You can also follow links on the blog to find our Ravelry, Yahoo, and Blog Catalog group pages. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I'm a local un-active fiber artist and I'm cleaning out my studio. I'm trying to figure out how get the word out about my studio sale (think TONS of fabric) this Saturday afternoon.

    Here is the link to my Craig's List ad: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/gms/1355118795.html

    Thanks,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete