Monday, November 9, 2009

Local Featured Seller: TheAppleCobbler

Who are you?

Where are you located?
Raleigh

What do you create?
Vintage inspired resin necklaces and vials. Starting to use my own original photography in my creations as well.

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
Ornamentea and Pullen Park Aquatic Center to take the kiddos swimming. My goal is tucker them out as much as possible so they'll sleep!

What is your most cherished handmade item?
Wow, I have so many! Can I pick three? I have to say these
custom photo blocks are amazing, This tray from Anne Julie Aubry makes me smile every day, and these boats were great for the boys.

What inspires you?
My massive collection of antique books! The feel and smell of ephemera... sigh... love it! I'm a total book nerd!

Where do you create?
I overtook the dining room!

Why did you choose your shop name?
For me, an apple cobbler is a symbol of of much simpler times..... And I love the 50's advertisements from magazines like Women's Day with the women in fitted dresses and high heels baking pies for their hubby and families . It all seems so Pleasantville-like, and the complete opposite of my upbringing surrounded by mostly single working (and very loving) women. Cooking was a chore though, and pie was something you only ate at Thanksgiving.

What do you do when you are not creating?
I work for a nonprofit, and I have 2 boys ages 6 and 3. So, I spend a lot of time looking for frogs and bugs, and I now know the difference between The Justice League, The Avengers, and Fantastic Four. I have to admit it... I kind of like the movie Batman meets Scooby-Doo. Also, I'm an avid reader though it's hard to find any leisure time!
--Read more from Laura on her new blog, The Life and Times of The Apple Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment