Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Featured Local Seller: Jus Shar Designs

Who are you? Jus Shar Designs (JusShar)

Where are you located? Raleigh, NC (Just moved here in May from central IL)

What do you create? Most anything handknit or crochet, but mainly afghans and accessories
crochet rainbow toddler afghan by JusShar on etsy
What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle?" I haven't found a special place yet, but right now A.C. Moore and Michaels (for yarn) see quite a bit of me

When did you start creating? I remember my mother teaching me to knit/crochet when I was really young...sometime before 5th grade

What is your most cherished handmade item? It was actually sewn - my daughter's christening outfit
Hand Knit Hats by Jus Shar Designs on etsy
Where do you create? My big, comfy chair in the living room while watching one of my DVR'd shows

Why did you choose your shop name? Jus is after my departed grandfather Justin, and Shar is for my mother Sharon (who is still alive)

Harvest Gold Retro Granny Square Twin Size Afghan by JusShar
What are your goals? I'm a full-time student of web design/interactive media, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to growing a large business. My summers are spent creating as much as I can before school starts back up. I'm just hoping to make extra money to do special things with/for my family. I love creating for others, and hope each recipient enjoys their Jus Shar design as much as I love making it.

NCTriangle Team members who would like to be featured on the blog, please contact shoredebris.

No comments:

Post a Comment