Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Local Featured Seller: Angel Fish Designs

Who are you? My name is Taryn Nicoletta and my shop is Angel Fish Designs.

Where are you located? I’m located in Durham, North Carolina

What do you create? I create jewelry of all kinds. Some pieces are beaded, some are repurposed items (things from the local hardware store, old buttons, seaglass, shells etc.) I love leaves and trees and nature and try to reflect that in many of my pieces.

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"? My favorite place in the triangle is the Duke Gardens. It is the most beautiful place in the triangle and a perfect spot to escape from the hustle and bustle in early spring. The colors and landscape are breathtaking and it is a wonderful place to get away without going more than just a couple of miles.
Silver Bird's Nest and Pearl Necklace by Angel Fish Designs on etsyWhen did you start creating? I started creating about 10 years ago when I was in High School. I worked at a store that rented out space to artisans’ so that they could sell their items. I had been making jewelry for a little while and they told me I could have a spot in the store for free! I wound up only selling for a couple of months but did pretty well for a high school student trying to supplement my summer job income. I stopped making it for a while with no real place to sell it and decided that I needed to start again about a year ago, and here I am!

What inspires you? I’m inspired by a lot of things. Like I said before I love nature and being outside, and I try to reflect that in a lot of my pieces. I like simple things and tend to stay away from any pieces that are too intricate or busy. I like simple leaves and black and white beads. I also do a lot of research and look at what’s trending. I try to re-create celebrity pieces or pieces from the runway. The goal of my company is to create affordable pieces that look like they are out of a magazine.

Where do you create? I create at my house which works for me now. I am just getting started and working on some wholesale orders so I may outgrow my space soon, but for now it will have to do! It has slowly taken over my upstairs bedroom, with multiple jewelry racks on the wall and earrings hanging off of everything!
Silver Leaf and Mother of Pearl Lariat Necklace handmade by AngelFishDesign on etsyWhy did you choose your shop/company name? I chose my company name when I first began creating in high school. I have always loved fish and the beautiful colors and lines they create. Angel Fish are elegant and whimsical, and that was the goal of my jewelry when I first began creating, and still is! I also do a lot of seaglass pieces that bring the sea to land.

What are your goals (personal and/or business)? I have started out slowly and am trying very hard to get my name out there. I love doing custom pieces and wedding pieces. I am trying to get my items in a store where I can sell either wholesale or commission based. I would love to be able to open a section of a shop someday where I can create and sell at the same time. For now though, I love making jewelry and will continue to sell on etsy and anywhere else I can!
Silver Leaf Earrings with Black Glass Bead handcrafted by Angel Fish Design on etsyWhat do you do when you are not creating? I am an Athletic Trainer so I spend most of my time outside cover sporting events. I work at a local High School and am always outside working with athletes, watching baseball games, soccer games etc. When I am not working I love hiking with my dogs, running, doing anything outside and spending time with friends.

After you're done browsing Angel Fish Design on etsy, don't forget to follow her on Facebook, too!

NCTriangle Team members who would like to be featured, please contact ShoreDebris.

No comments:

Post a Comment