Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Local Featured Seller: Prints by Kim

Who are you? Kimberly Ruth Edwards, and I run Prints by Kim on etsy.

Where are you located? I'm located in the heart of Raleigh, NC.

What do you create? I create waterless lithographs in small editions.
The Touch-waterless lithograph by Kimberly Ruth Edwards available in her etsy shop Prints By Kim
What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"? The Pullen Park Art Center. This is not only where I create my prints, it's also where I get to mingle with other artists. The positive atmosphere is conducive to being very creative.

When did you start creating? After I took a class at Pullen Park in January 2011.
Tree of Life III - waterless lithograph by Kimberly Ruth EdwardsWhat is your most cherished handmade item? A print of the house where my Daddy grew up.

Why did you choose your medium? Because it is multi-original; although a set of a particular print is an edition, each of those prints is an original and unique in itself.
Waterfall-waterless lithograph available at PrintsbyKim on etsyWho inspires you? My Dad - because he works hard and he is honest. And that is what you have to do with art - you have to work hard to hone your skills, because without the skill, you cannot bring the creative idea to life.

Where do you create? I create the ideas and plates at home, and actually print the plates at Pullen Art Center.

After you've viewed Kimberly Ruth's wonderful lithographs in her etsy shop, don't forget to follow her blog and find her on both twitter (@KimEdwards 19) and facebook (Kim Edwards)!

No comments:

Post a Comment