Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Local Featured Seller: Alvelo Quilt Art

Hi! My name is Traci Alvelo and my shop's name is Alvelo Quilt Art.
 
I am located in Clayton NC.
 
I create quilt paintings using canvas or wood as my foundation. I paint with acrylic paints and often use fabrics and paper in my work to create the illusion, texture and movement of real quilt blocks.
American Crow
My favorite place in the Triangle is the Farmers Market. (My four boys would say it is Marbles Museum as we are there more then anywhere else!)
 
I have always been a creator. As a child, paper and tape turned into 3 dimensional houses. In college, I was the one who created life size Simpson family characters out of construction paper. I am currently into counted cross stitch on perforated paper as well as painting quilt pieces.
 
My most prized possessions from my very crafty family are a handmade quilt that my great grandmother made in 1890's and a handmade quilt my grandmother made from my baby clothes. When you look at the stitches and see that every one was done by hand with such love.......wow!
Teapot Quilt Art
I chose to paint quilt blocks because of my Grandmother and her love of quilts. I love researching different quilt blocks and then finding a way to paint them. I love to incorporate fabrics and scrap book paper into my paintings.
I am inspired by my family. I am also inspired by all the talented quilters out there who are constantly coming up with amazing quilt designs. Quilts from around the world and historical quilts fascinate me.
 
I paint in our family's bonus room/multipurpose room. I get a corner all to myself!
Colorful Owls
I would love to become a full time-money making-artist one day. It would be an honor to be in a gallery somewhere.....someday.
 
When I am not creating...... I am a mother of 4 young boys (12, 10, 7 and 4). I love to cook and host dinner parties.
 
After you've looked at these wonderful quilt paintings on etsy, don't forget to follow Traci's facebook page, and you can see her work in person at Gifts with a Heart, a gift shop in Raleigh. 
 
(NCTriangle Team Members who would like to be featured, please contact Shore Debris.)

No comments:

Post a Comment