Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Local Featured Seller: Binge Crafter

Banner Flags in Grey/Teal for Baby Shower, Room Decor
Hi, my name is Angela, but online I am known as “Binge Crafter”. I live just outside of Raleigh, NC and I am a stay at home mom who likes crafting on the side. I’ve been blogging for a few years now and recently opened my first Etsy shop. I would have to say my favorite places to visit in the triangle are the craft fairs, such as the Cary Lazy Daze or Raleigh Artsplosure festivals, which leave me in awe and inspired by all of the amazing artists we have right here in the Triangle.
 I started crafting when I was too young to remember- my sister taught me to cross-stitch, and my grandmother taught me to sew and knit. I’m not a naturally artsy person (I wish I was!), so a lot of what I do I have learned to make from others. Unfortunately I have this habit of wanting to learn to make EVERYTHING, so I often will pick up one hobby or craft, then try something new when the mood strikes. My husband referred to this as “binge crafting” and that’s how Binge Crafter was born. I really started to craft more when I left my teaching job to become a stay at home mom. When I was pregnant I really wanted to make some beautiful things for my daughter that she could wear or use but would also become keepsakes. After several years of crafting and blogging, I decided to open an Etsy shop this April to share my ideas and work with others.
Boutique Baby Wipes Case in Gray Floral
 My preferred mediums are definitely paper and fabric, and I particularly love making baby gifts. Having a baby is such an amazing experience for people and I love the idea of making gifts that are as unique as each little one. I’ve always felt handmade gifts are infused with the love with which they are created, and there is nothing more important than surrounding new babies with as much love as possible. My “professional” goal as a crafter would be to someday make enough money to support my crafting habit, but I really don’t want to make my business full-time. My first priority is my family and crafting is really my escape/therapy. When I’m not creating, I enjoy bringing my daughter to all of the amazing parks, museums, and activities our area has to offer.
Rosie the Riveter Vintage Image Onsie
After you've gotten an eyeful of all the cute items in Binge Crafter's etsy shop, don't forget to read her blog and follow her on facebook, twitter, and pinterest!

NCTriangle Team Members who'd like to be featured, please contact ShoreDebris.

No comments:

Post a Comment