Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Local Featured Seller: 2 Kids 2 Cats Designs

My name is Julie K. Patrick, I am a mom of 2 kids and 2 cats, hence the name of my shop is 2 Kids 2 Cats Designs.

Brown Jasper Necklace
I've been making jewelry for 10 or more years. I got started beading when a good friend started giving me earrings and bracelets and I wanted to make more. I made more and more and more.
When I had given my friends and family more jewelry than they could possibly wear in their lifetime, I decided to try and sell my creations on Etsy.

I live in Raleigh, NC and love the triangle area. There is so much to do and see here, that I am always inspired to go back to my studio, which doubles as my kitchen table and create. One of my favorite places to visit in Raleigh is the JC Raulston Arboretum. Winding paths through gardens and different things blooming all year long.
Black Jasper and Chain Necklace
Some of my most cherished handmade items are the ones made by the creative women in my family. My grandmother and mother were creative in their own ways. But it's my sister that continues to be an inspiration to me. She went back to school to be a graphic artist and makes beautiful digital collages with old family photos, old postcards and hand painted elements. (See her etsy shop: JKSGraphics)
Wrapped Ring
My love of jewelry and my friend led me to create my own jewelry.
I hope my creations find their way out to adorn the world or at least my little corner of it.

"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." ~ Erich Fromm

NCTriangle Team Members who'd like to be featured, please contact ShoreDebris.

No comments:

Post a Comment