Monday, September 1, 2008

Featured Seller: EmbraceableUrns & PhantasyCeramics

Who are you?

Where are you located?
Raeford, NC (near Fayetteville)
What do you create?
Pet urns & memorials and all kinds of other ceramics
What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
I dont have a favorite place to visit in the triangle.
Why did you choose your medium?
My mom used to do ceramics when I was a little girl. I still have some of the things she made me. I had always thought of myself as "uncreative" until about 6 years ago when my father passed away and I was looking for something to do. I actually started out creating porcelain dolls, but did not like having to sew. So, I started buying and painting plaster village houses from Wal-Mart and chose to move to ceramics to have more of a choice of things to create and paint.
What is your next project going to be?
Ceramic Tile Family Murals
Where do you create?
I do all my pouring, cleaning greenware and firing as well as glazing at my Mom's house. I paint other items with acrylics at my own house. My mom helps me create all of our items in some way.
What is you most popular item that you create?
From EmbraceableUrns, it is our Beloved Pet Dog/Cat Angel urns and they are popular because they are custom painted to resemble the actual pet. From PhantasyCeramics, most popular items are our Mystical items, dragons, wizards, as well as our holiday assortment - some of our dragons are so realistic and just beautiful. Our Holiday assortment is unique. Everything we make you can not buy in a store and every item we paint is OOAK, never two the same and all made in the USA!
What do you do when you are not creating?
Maintain my own websites, think up new ideas for new items, play with & take care of my 10 dogs.
--If you'd like to see more of Julie's work check her other websites, EmbraceableUrns & PhantasyCeramics

No comments:

Post a Comment