Monday, March 16, 2009

Local Featured Seller: babycoutures

Who are you?
My name Iriene Wang & my Etsy shop name is
babycoutures and I also sell at aicreations.com


Where are you located?
Raleigh, NC


What do you create?
everything that can be sewed or bake or actually anything that I am kind of interested to do it on my own.

When did you start creating?
since i was a little girl, i like to make clothes for my doll & bag for my lunch bag


Why did you choose your medium?
because i live in triangle & I'm stayed at home mom, so it is easier for me to work and take care of the family at the same time. Selling via internet definitely helps.


What is your next project going to be?
i want to start making bag for women for any occasion & maybe kitchen accessories like coaster from fabric, napkins, placemats, etc


What inspires you?
everything: movie, environment, comic book, magazine, sometimes dream =)


Where do you create?
at my house


Why did you choose your shop name?
It is my nickname which is ai + my creations = aicreations


What is the most time consuming part of your craft?
I'm kind a perfectionist person so everytime that I see something is not the way I want it , I will redo it even from scratch. I am very meticulous on details. I like to make a new design which involves a new pattern to be made.

What is you most popular item that you create?
Kimono for baby because it is different and unique.


How do you envision your creations being used by your customers?
Customer will think about my product before they think to buy others because of the quality and the uniqueness of my creations. Compliments by satisfied customer are certainly the best marketing tools.

What is your favorite place to sell your items?

etsy.com, participate in craft fair and word of mouth.

How do you acquire new clients?
promote new item on the web & customer, word of mouth & positive customer feedback


Do you have any advice to share on how you have made your business grow?
never give up, be patient, try your best & always ask for feedback so you can improve your skill & learn what is the current market demand


What role does creativity play in your marketing methods?
I use a lot of daily life occurrence such using my baby as my model.


What types of things do you do to turn first time buyers into repeat clients?
I really pay attention into details on all my creation and the packaging so it will exceed my customer expectation.

What are your goals?
personal goal to be a good mother & wife, more patient & wiser
business goal, my creations will be known all over the world -)


What do you do when you are not creating?
Spend time with my family, movies, eat out, travelling and playing with our 22 months son.

1 comment: