Monday, May 25, 2009

Featured Seller: BooBooDesigns

Who are you?
My name is Anne Britt and my shop name is Boo Boo Designs.

Where are you located?
My actual address is in Wendell, but my PO Box is in Knightdale because it is really closer to our house. You see, we are on a private road off of Rolesville Road near East Wake High School, If you cross the road, you would have a Knightdale address! We have about 4 acres in Wake County with apple, pear, and fig trees, blue berry bushes, azaleas, camellia bushes, and dogwoods now blooming, and plenty of room for our two cats to roam. A flock of guineas from the neighbor’s house, visit daily and keep the population of fleas, ticks, and other nasty bugs down to a minimum. We have lived here for over 30 years and still have lots of projects and plans for how we want this place to look when we finish with it! But I don’t think we ever will finish!

What do you create?
Right now I only have five Boo Boo Patches and one bridge tally on my Etsy site for sale. I hope to change that very soon. I started with those items because they were the easiest to get my shop up and running. I needed a new bridge tally when I had to entertain my club a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to put it on Etsy too!

When did you start creating?
I guess I have been creating all my life. I learned to sew on a treadle sewing machine during the 1950’s. I have a stash of vintage fabrics that fills two dressers and several suitcases. I would like to begin using these for pieced and quilted items for the kitchen and home. I began painting in high school and while my children were growing up during the 80’s I worked at home as an artist painting on wood and selling my work in craft shows and in shops. I really miss painting and want to do more now that I have the time.

Which project will be next?
I really do not know! Watch my Etsy site Boo Boo Designs to see! And I hope you like what ever it is!

What is your most cherished handmade item?
It is really hard to say what my favorite hand made item is. My whole house is full of hand made items! I have been collecting my whole life. I have a Star of Bethlehem quilt that my grandmother made for me and a granny square afghan that she crocheted However, my husband and I remodeled our house including hard wood floors and hand made cabinets! And we have filled it with all sorts of handmade pieces purchased, given to us, or made by us. We began keeping house with “early attic” furniture. These pieces are now bone fide antiques. The new things we purchased are now considered retro, and everything else would be vintage including my husband and me except maybe the groceries! I collected Santa’s for years and it is the hand made ones that I treasure most. The store bought ones are permanently packed up in their boxes in the attic.

What do you do when you are not creating?
When I am not creating, I spend my time with my family. My husband and I have two children. One lives with us along with her two children, her fiancé and his mother. Her two children are ages 3 months and 15 years old. My son lives with his wife in Florida. I find myself being chief cook and bottle washer most of the time and sometimes baby sitter! After my family the next most important activity in my life is my church -Wendell United Methodist Church . What little talent I have comes from the Lord God and I use it to glorify Him in all that I do. I also enjoy reading and spend a lot of time at the library.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm a new memeber to the NC Triangle area team, how do we get featured like the crafter above?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's 2 ways that NCTriangle members can be featured in an "interview" feature on the blog. One features your work, the other features your work space. If you're interested in either of those, send me (dinnertimechimes.etsy.com) a convo!

    NCTriangle members that have already been "featured" on the blog or don't want to be interviewed right now can also contact me for other ways that they can show off their art on the blog.

    ReplyDelete