Monday, November 23, 2009

Local Featured Seller: graceuga

Who are you?
Grace Castellanos,
Crafts by Castellanos

Where are you located?
Durham, NC

What do you create?
Mostly tile coasters but I am branching out soon.
What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?
I love Sarah P. Duke Gardens because it is a beautiful and serene place to explore.

When did you start creating?
I have always been creating in some form. The coasters came about when I was totally broke and needed a present for a friend. I did some research and realized there were ways to make simple and inexpensive things useful and beautiful.

What is your most cherished handmade item?
My most cherished handmade item is a scrapbook made for me by my sister for my wedding.

What inspires you?
Nature, patterns, colors, upcycling, whimsical ideas of what people might like.

Where do you create?
We bought a craft table for our office room, so I have taken over that space.

What do you do when you are not creating?
Besides my day job, I spend time with my husband and our dog. I like to cook, read, and go on long walks.

--Read more from Grace on her blog.

2 comments: