Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Local Featured Seller: Kickin' Crochet

Who are you? I'm Mary Onorati, and my etsy shop is Kickin' Crochet.

Where are you located? I'm in Durham, NC

What do you create? Mostly crocheted items... headbands, hats, fingerless gloves, wraps, though I do a few other things as well.

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle?" Honestly, I'm a homebody. I'm happiest when I'm at home with friends. However, I do love camping and lakes and North Carolina has no shortage of either.
Newborn wrap photography prop crocheted by Mary OnoratiWhen did you start creating? I have been crocheting off and on since I was about 10, but I just opened shop in September.

What is your most cherished handmade item? Anything I make for my family, especially my daughter, Lydia.

Who inspires you? My daughter is the reason I picked up crochet again, and I'm always thinking of new things for her. I also follow a few photography blogs to keep on top of trends for newborns (and because I just like photography).
Crocheted Baby Halo Headband available at Kickin Crochet on etsyWhat are your goals? I'm a stay at home Mom and I love it. I hope to grow this business enough to bring in a little extra spending money each month, but I never want to get so busy that my family suffers for it. This business is a great creative outlet and it feels wonderful to make and sell products that people love.

What do you do when you are not creating? I'm an avid reader and a board game fanatic. In the summer I bike and play soccer. Mostly I spend time with family and friends.
Handmade fingerless gloves brought to you by Mary of Kickin Crochet on etsy So after you've found Kickin' Crochet on etsy, don't forget to like the Kickin' Crochet facebook page, too!

NCTriangle Team Members who'd like to be featured, please contact Shore Debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment