Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where We Create: Hardin Creations

Who are you?   Meredith Hardin of Hardin Creations
 
Where are you located?  Raleigh, North Carolina
 
What do you create?  Children’s clothing, Decorations mostly buntings 
 How would you describe the space in which you create?  Bright and cheerful! I love being in my craft room, it’s equal parts organized and inspiring.

What is your favorite thing about your space?  It just a really happy room, I love how organized it is and a lot of my favorite things are in that room so while I’m sewing, painting, knitting, or working on embroidery I’m surrounded by photos and mementos of my family. Usually my dogs are snoozing on the floor around me and music is playing, it’s a comforting space.
 How do you keep your space organized?   I have painted crates hanging on the wall as shelves and those are filled with jars, buckets, bottles, and baskets of materials. I also have a framed pegboard that holds ribbons, scissors, paint brushes, all kinds of tools.

Do you have inspiration pieces in your space? Photos of my family & crocheted birds that my grandmother made are all around, I love birds! I keep my fabric scraps in a hanging fruit basket and out in a big bucket that was a drink holder at our wedding reception… so I can always see bits and pieces of fabrics so I never really lose track of what my options are.
Is there something else you'd like to share about your space?  The best thing I ever did was upcycle my boring old computer chair into the fun green/floral one in the photos... I recommend that anyone does this. There are endless possibilities, and it was so inexpensive to use some plastic spray paint and some fabric. I did it about a year ago and I'm still tickled by it each time I see it. 

 Isn't Meredith's room so colorful and organized!  Don't forget to find her items on etsy, and be sure to visit her facebook page and blog!

NCTriangle Team Members who'd like their craft rooms and studio spaces featured, please contact Shore Debris.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool space! I wish I could keep mine half as neat and organized. :)

    ReplyDelete