Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Local Featured Seller: Jump Studios

Who are you?  Jump Studios (owned by Jenny Profet Grainger)

Where are you located?  Raleigh

What do you create?  Colorful, mostly useful items for around the house and for the kiddos. Color your life! is the tag line for the shop

What is your favorite place to visit in the "triangle"?  Downtown Raleigh! I love the small town feel of seeing familiar faces but like knowing that we have access to big town resources like libraries, stores, museums, education and healthcare.
Casserole Carrier
  When did you start creating?  I've been creating since I was a kid. At the age of four, I made a play washer and dryer from notebook paper and used cut up straws for "detergent." We always had plenty of art supplies on hand and my whole family was always working on a project. But I actually didn't realize that I was creative until I went to NC State's College of Design to study architecture in grad school.

Why did you choose your medium?  I taught myself to sew when I inherited my grandmother's very nice Bernina sewing machine. I like making things that are useful or can be worn. Since I never got the chance to sew with my grandma, I like that I get to think about her while I'm working.

Play Mat
 Why did you choose your shop name?  My initials were JMP and my daddy called me "j[u]mp". Naming the company Jump Studios seemed like a good way to keep it personal but keeps my options opened as the business expands.

What are your goals?   My goal is to infuse color and fun into everyday life. I hope to be able to work on Jump Studios full time.

Nursing Cover

What do you do when you are not creating?  We have spent the past couple of years renovating our 1920's bungalow. I've started doing a few posts on the blog about that process. When I'm not doing that or sewing, I love to cook and play outside.
The shop is a little low right now as I just put lots of things at the Marketplace by Gifts with a Heart and am gearing up for the Christmas Carousel on Thanksgiving weekend!

 Besides etsy, you can also find Jump Studios on Facebook, Twitter, and the Jump Studios Blog.

NCTriangle Team Members who'd like to be featured, please contact ShoreDebris.

No comments:

Post a Comment