Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Local Featured Seller: Kitsch Lorraine Style

My name is Pamela Batson and my store is Kitsch Lorraine Style. I'm located in Charlotte. I was born and raised here, then moved to Chicago in 1996, and recently moved back here last year. I make handmade jewelry including pieces with resin, natural stones, seashells, and some vintage pieces mixed in with new pieces I find. My inspiration comes from some of my favorite things, including Day of the Dead memorabilia, classic films and silent movies, nautical themed and vintage items.
Day of the Dead Cats Photo Frame Earrings
 My favorite place to visit in the triangle would probably be the State fair because I'm a big kid at heart.   I've always enjoyed doing creative things, but I just started seriously making jewelry about a year ago. I love working with resin and polymer clay because there are so many uses for them. Some of my favorite things to make are the resin bracelets. They remind me of the 60's Lucite bangles which I love.
Wire Wrapped Evil Eye Bracelet
 I create most of my items in my home. I chose the name Kitsch Lorraine Style because my middle name is Lorraine and I love vintage B-52's (ie: Quiche Lorraine). My most cherished item is a necklace I made in dedication to my great-grandmother who raised me. My personal goals include branching out and selling my jewelry in different boutiques around the area and possibly in other locations in the U.S.
Sea Shell Eco Resin Bracelet Bangle

When I'm not making jewelry, I am watching animals (I have a pet-sitting business), catching up with friends, or taking advantage of going to the beach and the mountains.

Don't forget to heart your favorite items in  Kitsch Lorraine Style!

NCTriangle Team members who'd like to be featured, please contact Shore Debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment